If you’ve been reading my blog for a while you will know that I am a long term sufferer of bad skins on the face. Since moving back from York I have had so much thrown at me and have been stressed to the max. Anyone with eczema will know that stress is the worst for you skin, they don’t get along and they aren’t friends.
As I have eczema on my face I have to be extremely careful with what I use, this led me to looking into home made face masks! I’m a massive advocate of face masks, I think they work extremely well and they give your skin the pump it needs.
After looking through Pinterest I came through a very simple and easy 4 step home made face mask. This is how I did it:
– An avocado 🥑
– Some honey 🐝
– Coconut oil 🥥 (come on we all knew this was going to happen eventually, I’m obsessed with this stuff for my hair)
What to do:
1. Using a folk I mashed the whole avocado up into a bowl. Tip: I’d recommend you only use half, this stuff goes along way).
2. Once mashed I added a tea spoon of honey into the avocado and mixed it together. Tip: I only used a teaspoon because I thought it was going to be very sticky, surprisingly not. I’d use 2 as I’m presuming this is what makes the mix stick to your face.
3. If you buy coconut oil the regular then you will know that it comes in a put and it’s extremely hard when cold. Heat this up and then poor a small about into the mix. Tip: I 100% put way to much into the mix and it went very runny. To avoid this, put a little bit in at a time and mix to get keep the consistency right – you don’t want it to run off the brush!
Before step four make sure you cleanse your face with water or a cleansing water!
4. Mix everything together and then apply to the face! The mix should look like the below.
I used a the same brush I always use for face products to apply this. I put a fair bit on to my face and the avocado kept falling off! So I’d recommend you gradually layer it and go by the coverage of the oil not the avocado.
5. Leave it to dry! I left mine until I got bored…. so about 20 mins
6. Once dried I removed most of the avocado pieces with kitchen paper and then washed my face with nuke warm water.
7. I left my face to dry naturally and then applied some Johnson’s baby lotion – it works amazingly!
I found this face mask made my skin feel refreshed and moisturised and would highly recommend it to anyone who has dry skin or just enjoys avocados! It was a challenge not to eat the products as I went along lols.